W elcome to the Rotary Club Of Belvoir-Wodonga Inc web site. Our club has approximately 35 members and has been in existence for over 40 years. The club was chartered on the 4th of November 1974 and was sponsored by the Rotary Club Of Wodonga.
Rotary International President Holger Knaack’s theme for 2020-21, "Rotary Opens Opportunities", asks Rotarians to create opportunities that strengthen their leadership, help put service ideas into action, and improve the lives of those in need.
The funds generated by the Community Market will enable the club to fulfill these objectives, an example being the Life Skills House at Belvoir Special School, which has just been handed over to the school after three years' hard work. We were delighted to have this project recognised by our Rotary District, with it being awarded the District Vocational Service Award for 2020. Our club was also instrumental in co-ordinating the Volunteer Fencing Project in Corryong early in 2020, immediately after devastating fires. We will continue to undertake projects both locally and internationally. You can see more about our Club’s activities on this web site.
Over the years our club has participated in, and made substantial donations to, local, national, and international causes, including these:
- Drought relief trailer
- Wodonga Hospital
- Belvoir Special School
- Purchase of Fire Truck for the Wodonga West Fire Brigade
- Purchase of Hazardous Materials/Rescue Vehicle for the Wodonga Fire Brigade
- Purchase of a Life Education Van for the cities of Albury and Wodonga
- Bush Fire, Drought and Flood Relief
- Regular RAWCS (FAIM) trips to 3rd world countries to provide direct hands on aid
- Annual participation in the Rotary International Youth Exchange program
- Wodonga South Primary School Road Safety Education facility
- Life Line
- Planting of over 5000 trees for the Leneva Landcare group
- Training Equipment for hospitals in Vietnam
- Wodonga College Of TAFE Graduation Awards
- Westmont Age Care
- Relocation of over 50,000 medical records for the Wodonga District Hospital
- Red Cross
- Training Equipment for the Wodonga Ambulance Station
- Salvation Army
- Royal Flying Doctors
- Vulindlela Pre School in Soweto South Africa
- Rotary Foundation
- 2009 Black Saturday Bushfires Mudgegonga Community Centre
- Orphanage In Nepal
- School of St Jude in Tanzania
- Albury Wodonga Cancer Centre
- Hilltop Cancer Carer Accommodation
OUR BOARD FOR 2019-20
|President||Graeme Sayer||02 6020 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tim Huggins||02 6059 email@example.com|
|Secretary||Michael Shepanski||0414 858 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer||Bob Matejcic||0409 714 email@example.com|
|Immediate Past President||Cameron Roberts||0418 132 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rotary Foundation||Cameron Roberts||0418 132 email@example.com|
|Director, Community||Ken Hunter||02 6024 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Director, Vocational||Gary Mawby||02 6024 email@example.com|
|Director, International||Frank Romano||02 6020 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Director, Club Administration||Tim Huggins||02 6059 email@example.com|
|Director, Youth||Frazer Harry||02 6059 firstname.lastname@example.org|
CONTACT US ...
by Australia Post:
P.O. Box 252
or right here:
then come to a meeting:
Steak Pit Restaurant
51-53 Elgin Blvd
Wodonga, VIC 3690
We meet every Wednesday.
Doors open at 6:00 pm.
Program begins at 6:30 pm.